Types of wrenches
Wrenches are basically divided into two types, dead wrenches and live wrenches. The former refers to a wrench with a fixed number on it, while the latter is a monkey wrench.
1. Stay wrench: one or both ends shall have openings of fixed size to turn nuts or bolts of a certain size.
2. Box wrench: both ends have working ends with hexagonal holes or 12-corner holes, suitable for the occasions where the working space is narrow and ordinary wrenches cannot be used.
3. Combination wrench: one end is the same as the single-head wrench, and the other end is the same as the box wrench.
4. Adjustable wrench: the opening width can be adjusted within a certain size range, which can turn bolts or nuts of different specifications. The structural characteristic of the wrench is that the fixed jaws are made of flat forceps with fine teeth and concave; One end of the movable jaw is made into a flat jaw; The other end is made into a concave jaws with fine teeth; Push the worm down, the movable jaws can be quickly removed, replace the position of the jaws.
5. Hook wrench: also known as crescent wrench, used for turning flat nuts with restricted thickness.
6. Socket wrench: it is composed of a plurality of socket with hexagonal or 12-angle holes and is equipped with a handle, connecting rod and other accessories. It is especially suitable for turning bolts or nuts with a very narrow position or a deep sag.
7. Allen wrench: L hexagonal rod wrench, dedicated to twist the socket head cap screw. The model of hexagon socket wrench is in accordance with the hexagonal opposite size, the size of the bolt has the national standard. Purpose: for fastening or disassembling round nuts on machine tools, vehicles and mechanical equipment.
8. Torque wrench: it can show the applied torque when turning the bolt or nut; Or when the applied torque reaches the specified value, a light or sound signal is emitted. Torque wrenches are suitable for installations where torque is clearly specified.